Re: [paho-dev] Upcoming Eclipse Paho Release 1.2.0 - information for committers

> James and I will fill out the release documentation this week.  Currently
> the list of new function I think is ready for 1.2 is:
>
> Automatic reconnect and offline buffering (allowing publish to be called
> when the application is not connected) for the C, Java and Android clients
> WebSockets support for Java, (and I think for Python too, is that right,
> Roger?)

There's a contribution, but I've not managed to get it working. I
still plan on it being in.

The changelog for the python client currently looks like this in terms
of features:

"Client.publish() now returns an MQTTMessageInfo object. The
MQTTMessageInfo object behaves like a tuple of (rc, mid) for backwards
compatibility but also provides two functions: is_published() and
wait_for_published(). This allows a client to determine whether any
given message has been published without need for a callback, and also
allows the client to block waiting until the message has been sent."

tldr; you can check whether a message has been published, or block
waiting for it to be published.

"Add paho.mqtt.subscribe module, with simple() and callback() helper
functions." These are analogous to paho.mqtt.publish but for
subscribing. Single functions that allow you to do simple subscribe
related tasks very easily.

Cheers,

Roger

Back to the top