[paho-dev] Measure the network/data usage by MQTT?

Hi

I am wondering if there is any way, I can count how much data bytes transferred and received over MQTT.

I can measure the length of messages received and published with a MQTT client, however this won't account the actual data (which may include headers if any, topic subscription, connect and ping request data) being transferred and received over the TCP layer.

Is there any way/interfaces available with Paho api I can measure the exact volume of data download and upload done via MQTT client?

--
Thanks and best regards,

From
Pawan D. Dalal