[paho-dev] Question about maximum in flight messages

Thanks for your answer about message persistence Dave - it's exactly what I was looking for!

I had another question about the limits to how many messages we can send without receiving acknowledgements, I noticed that in the version of the Java Paho Client we're using (0.4.0), in ClientState.java "maxInflight" is set to 10, above which this exception is thrown: Too many publishes in progress Reason code: 32202

One of our use cases for the client involves a very high level load of messages being sent, and we regularly hit this limit. What is the best way to get around it? Should we create multiple MqttAsyncClient instances and load balance across them? Do you have any other suggestions? For example: is this limit higher in updated versions (like 1.0)?

Thank you for the help!
Herman

Back to the top