[paho-dev] Paho JavaScript Client - Connecting without Client ID

Dear Sir or Madame,

I’m using the Paho _javascript_ Client to connect to a HiveMQ MQTT server. When I try to connect without client ID it says:

Uncaught Error: AMQJS0013E Invalid argument api.xxxxx.com for host.

I can’t find more details about it in the documentation and HiveMQ says that connecting without client ID is possible.

Kind regards

Moritz Drescher

Geschäftsführer / Chief Information Officer

OFD Systems

Telefon / Phone: +49 (0)711 - 8388 5171
Telefax: +49 (0)7021 - 7329 829

OFD Systems UG (haftungsbeschränkt)