[paho-dev] Creating a new branch in git

Hi,

I've been poking at the structure of the _javascript_ client project to get back to the point where the .js file in git can actually be used without running it through a maven build. This involved adding a very small wrapper for the node-based tests to use so the client can still use the browser-specific apis.

I've also added a _javascript_ compress task to the build so we have a -min.js version (30Kb)  as well as the original one (76kb).

I wanted to push this to a new branch (nick-develop) so that anyone with an interest could have a look to make sure we're happy for it to go into the main develop branch. However, when I try to push the new branch, I'm told I don't have the right permissions:

    error: insufficient permission for adding an object to repository database ./objects

    fatal: failed to write object
    error: unpack failed: unpack-objects abnormal exit
     ! [remote rejected] nick-develop -> nick-develop (n/a (unpacker error))
    error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/paho/org.eclipse.paho.mqtt._javascript_.git'

Does creating a new branch really need more permissions than I have as a committer?  If so, what is the expected work flow for this sort of thing? (I suspect I'm too used to the github work flow where this is second nature...)

Nick

Back to the top