also at:teddybbear@xxxxxxx
(512) 286-5744 (T/L 363-5744)
FAX (512) 973-4293

Inactive hide details for Ian Craggs ---01/28/2014 08:22:28 AM---Hi All, I have been thinking about the how the Paho clients woIan Craggs ---01/28/2014 08:22:28 AM---Hi All, I have been thinking about the how the Paho clients would support MQTT

From: Ian Craggs <icraggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: General development discussions for paho project <paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 01/28/2014 08:22 AM
Subject: [paho-dev] MQTT 3.1.1 support for Paho clients
Sent by: paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All,

I have been thinking about the how the Paho clients would support MQTT
3.1.1 in their interfaces.

1) My first thought was to add a connect option to select a 3.1.1
connection, with a 3.1 connection being the default for the time being.

2) I've just thought that by default we could attempt a 3.1.1
connection, and then attempt a 3.1 connection automatically if the first
failed.  Then application programs would not have to change. There could
be a connect option to say not to do this if you really didn't want it to.

Which would prefer?  Any other options?

Ian