Re: [paho-dev] Maximum number of inflight messages exceeded

Hi Tito,

in the Java client, there is an internal setting of 10 QoS 1 or 2 messages that can be "in-flight" (unfinished protocol exchanges) at one time. It is a temporary condition that will be resolved once the sending of at least one message has been completed.

So the application should try again in a short period of time. If you are using the async API, you could wait until a callback is made telling you that the next message has been sent.

It does not apply to QoS 0 messages as there are no ACKs nor message ids in that case.

Ian