Re: [paho-dev] Contribution of MQTT Servers (Mosquitto and RSMB)

My 2c.

There's a dormant discussion on this topic on the wiki -
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Paho/Repository - where I did propose having a
.clients and .brokers set of parallel repositories. However we now
have quite a number of client repositories so that may not make sense,
unless we did a big restructure.

Personally I think we can take two approaches:
- brokers live inside Paho as the repository "for MQTT"
or
- top-level M2M family (which is where Ponte would also live) project
for broker(s), mosquitto retains its name, and Paho could then remain
a potentially multi-protocol client project (which is what it was
pitched as). Having said that, the SCADA stuff is going into its own
project AFAICT, so we may already have lost that discussion.

Either way, I'm very excited about one or both brokers coming to the
Eclipse M2M family, and at the prospect for the best of both to come
together if appropriate!

Andy