Re: [paho-dev] Using C++ with the Paho C client library

Hi,

> (2) Observe proper const-ness for pointer parameters if there is no intent
> in updating the item, particularly "const char*" for "char*"
>
> DLLExport int MQTTAsync_create(MQTTAsync* handle,
>         const char* serverURI, const char* clientId, ...

It occurs to me that if this change is going to be made (and I'd agree
with it) it ought to be done sooner rather than later because it
represents an API change. Once there's a proper release and it is
being packaged it's a lot more awkward to change.

Cheers,

Roger

Back to the top