Re: [paho-dev] New committers for Python and Objective-C clients

Just to be clear...

A project can have as many committers as makes sense for the project.

A prospective new committer needs to demonstrate merit in a transparent manner. This normally takes the form of establishing a pattern of contributing high-quality patches that get accepted by the project. The actual number of contributions, and amount of time varies by project and the nature of the contributions. It's more of an art than a science.

In the case of a significant code contribution, the contribution itself is a good demonstration of merit. It is generally accepted that if a project chooses to pull in a big chunk of code, they must trust it and--by extension--trust the developers who created it.

This assumes, of course, that the prospective new committers actually authored the contribution.

HTH

Wayne