Re: [paho-dev] Python client submission

I've also been trying to work out what our approach should be for non-Java builds.   Looking at this page http://wiki.eclipse.org/Hudson#Hudson_for_Committers under "Tools (and locations)", the tools are Maven, Java, Ant, Buckminster.

To build and test with other tools, like gcc and Google Test for C/C++, Lua for the Lua client, Python for the Python client, is that something we can expect to do within the Eclipse infrastructure by adding the required tools, or will we have to set up our own build machines?

Ian,

Most of our Hudson machines do have gcc and python installed.  Installing other build tools from the standard Linux repositories is typically not a problem either.  As Wayne has mentioned, if you need anything specific, filing a bug is likely the best course of action.

Furthermore, we do have a non-Hudson build server (build.eclipse.org) for those jobs where Hudson and the Common Build Infrastructure cannot satisfy.  If your release engineers have a shell, they can look here for more info:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/IT_Infrastructure_Doc#Builds

If your release engineers do not have a shell, they can follow this simple process and obtain one:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/IT_Infrastructure_Doc#Shells

If you have any server/infrastructure-specific questions, please feel free to contact us at webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx since we don't follow all the -dev lists.

Denis

--