[paho-dev] Minimal implementation

Hey Paho Devs!

I'm doing some research on a minimal MQTT-client implementation, thinking about lower end MCU's. This will probably lead to a bare metal design, which I know is no part of the Paho-implementation at this moment.

I was wondering though, what you would consider a good guideline for the minimal amount of memory needed by a client. This question rose since I read about the Nanode MQTT-client (32kB) and the recommendation in the MQTT webinar (256kB) (http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/7/7c/MQTTIntroEclipseWebinarv1.pdf)
Now I know the Nanode client is no Full spec client (eg only QOS 0), but I can't hardly imagine the MQTT-options like QOS taking up >200kB.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Marco Jansen