Re: [paho-dev] Committer input requested: Eclipse participation in OASIS Standardization of MQTT Protocol

hi All,

On 2013-01-24 19:42 , paho-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Please reply with your comments/suggestions and a +1 if you would support
taking this request  forward to Eclipse.

+1 from andyg

OASIS has been involved in some rather heavy-weight standards often involving XML and large committees.  Hopefully, MQTT can be kept focused and fat-free.

Looks like AMQP is also under OASIS's umbrella ... so, we may need to clearly distinguish the differences and situations where MQTT stands-out.

When it comes to patents and royalty-fees ... presumably we'd be aiming for a royalty-free, Non-Assertion arrangement.

--
-O-  cheers  =  /\ /\/ /) `/ =
--O                           --  http://www.geekscape.org     --

Back to the top