From:        Scott de Deugd <dedeugd@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        26/04/2012 19:01
Subject:        [paho-dev] next steps: contributing Lua MQTT  client
Sent by:        paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

(note: I have started a new thread of discussion on this as  the last one moved into a discussion on dual EPL/EDL licensing. )

Andy, we are most anxious to get this contribution started so I'll outline here what are the next steps. If I have any of this wrong I am sure someone will correct me.

1 - It appears that you should use the Contributor path starting in Figure-3  in the Eclipse IP process guide found here:
Eclipse Legal Process Flow

2  - That process starts with code  "Written 100% by Submitting Contributor (Non-Committer) and Submitted under the terms of the Project License (typically EPL)"

So please check that your files have the appropriate copyright and licensing header. Below  are examples for both EPL-only and EPL/EDL that I found in the Eclipse repository.

/*******************************************************************************

* Copyright (c) 2009, 2012 IBM Corp.

*

* All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials

* are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0

* which accompanies this distribution, and is available at

*
http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html
*

* Contributors:

*    Ian Craggs - initial API and implementation and/or initial documentation

*******************************************************************************/

# Copyright (c) 2010, 2011 IBM Corporation and others.
# All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials are made
# available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0
# (
http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html), and the Eclipse Distribution
# License v1.0 (
http://www.eclipse.org/org/documents/edl-v10.html).
#
# Contributors: IBM Corporation - initial API and implementation

3 - Once you get past  Figure 11  ("Contributor must create a Bugzilla entry and attach code"). the code should be available so that the technical discussions,  IP review and gaining Committer status, can proceed.

Please post here or let me know if you run into any question or problems.