Re: [p2-dev] Resolver priority question

The penalty for root IUs (explicitely installed IUs) or IUs to install is 1, the other penalties is a power of K
(K for the most recent IU, K**2 for the second most recent IU, etc) where K is the number of installed IUs on the current system + 1.

The relevant par of the code in p2 is here (line 73):
http://git.eclipse.org/c/equinox/rt.equinox.p2.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director/src/org/eclipse/equinox/internal/p2/director/OptimizationFunction.java

Daniel