Re: [p2-dev] Improving the way repositories are described

I suggest starting with the model - this to ensure it contains everything the user should have control over.
Then decide on a serialized format that is suitable for the rest of the toolchain.
Then decide on a concrete syntax and implement the DSL.
Editing can either be made by loading the serialized format directly, or by having a text representation that is built into the serialized format (and recreated
from it should the source be missing).

Decision if source is built into target or not is affected by the power of the language; does it have expressions? can you call out to Java etc. etc. (If so, it will drag a lot
of infrastructure with it).

Just my 2c.

- henrik