From: "Pascal Rapicault" <pascal.rapicault@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "P2 developer discussions" <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:03:52 PM
Subject: Re: [p2-dev] Question about deleting a downloaded p2 plugin

If a plugin is deleted from disk, p2 will not download it again, nor will it check for its presence or validity.

As you guessed this is because the setup of p2 in Eclipse is taking a metadata-first approach to provisioning. What I mean here is that p2 knows from the content of the profile that the IU for the plugin is installed and it won’t question this.

There is no tool available to check the validity of an install, but it could be written as a side application.

HTH