Re: [p2-dev] Problems with boostrap installs, mysterious missing jars, and checkCertificates errors.

On 01/01/2013 06:41 PM, ali_anwar wrote:
On 12/28/2012 12:44 PM, ali_anwar wrote:
I have debugged the reported scenario. Following is my finding:

1. The IU is not downloaded as CollectAction > collect( ) function
reported that aggregatedRepositoryView.contains(key), so
ArtifactRepositoryManager.NO_ARTIFACT_REQUEST was returned.

Further debugging revealed that the issue is reproducible only when the
aggregatedBundleRepository is fetched from the "result =
basicGetRepository(location);". Following is the debug stack:

ArtifactRepositoryManager(AbstractRepositoryManager).loadRepository(URI,
IProgressMonitor, String, int) line: 634
ArtifactRepositoryManager.loadRepository(URI, int, IProgressMonitor)
line: 104
ArtifactRepositoryManager.loadRepository(URI, IProgressMonitor) line: 100
Util.getAggregatedBundleRepository(IProvisioningAgent, IProfile, int)
line: 135
Util.getAggregatedBundleRepository(IProvisioningAgent, IProfile) line: 96
CollectAction.collect(IProvisioningAgent, IProfile, IInstallableUnit)
line: 74
CollectAction.execute(Map) line: 33
Collect(Phase).mainPerform(MultiStatus, EngineSession, Operand[],
SubMonitor) line: 174
Collect(Phase).perform(MultiStatus, EngineSession, Operand[],
IProgressMonitor) line: 92
PhaseSet.perform(EngineSession, Operand[], IProgressMonitor) line: 47
Engine.perform(IProfile, IPhaseSet, Operand[], ProvisioningContext,
IProgressMonitor) line: 75
Engine.perform(IProvisioningPlan, IPhaseSet, IProgressMonitor) line: 44
[snip]

I think that while getting the repository the p2-director is not
updating the repository info whereas the repository has changed.

During the normal execution the "*/.eclipseextension" repository is not
found by basicGetRepository(location) and hence we load it manually and
add the repository later in the following function:

s/load it manually and add the repository later in the following function:/load it and add the repository later in the same function at:

"ArtifactRepositoryManager(AbstractRepositoryManager).loadRepository(URI, IProgressMonitor,
String, int) line: 657". After which the artifact.xml/content.xml file
is updated at in the repository and everything works fine.

2. Sometimes the issue is not reproducible specially when I am
debugging. So I am pretty sure it is some kind of race condition as
Carlos mentioned. I am using Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit and it was reproducible
on Windows as well.

I am new to p2 stuff and I have a very basic question, AFAIU
aggregatedRepositoryView.contains(key) means that we already have this
item in cache, right? Where is p2-cache located?

I will keep debugging and will let you know if I determine the exact
cause of the issue.

Thanks,
-Ali

Pascal,

Thanks for the help.

The more I work with p2 the clearer things become, but
a pointer or two like this is really invaluable when
starting to debug a problem.

Cheers,
Carlos.