Re: [p2-dev] Enabling gerrit for p2

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Pascal Rapicault <pascal.rapicault@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There is apparently 2 possibilities (http://wiki.eclipse.org/Gerrit#Enabling_Gerrit_for_your_Eclipse.org_Project)

-          Only go through gerrit

-          Allow for commits to still be pushed directly

I’m wondering if this change could impact the platform build and the CBI build.

I don't think it will, at least not right now, as the CBI build only creates tags for most repos, not commits.  If pom versions need updating in the builds, I was thinking of generating the patches for each team to apply: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/staging/cbi/drops4/M20121128-1918/pom_updates/

The other alternative is to have the CBI build apply the pom updates automatically (maybe after Kepler), at that time we'd have to come up with a way to push the changes in.

Later,
PW

--
Paul Webster