Re: [p2-dev] Can p2.inf alter greedy attributes for a bundle you depend on?

You should be able to add a negative requirement to org.eclipse.ui.editors (or even org.eclipse.ui.ide) from the IU of your plugin. This needs to be done by adding a p2.inf to one of your feature or plugin.

The following p2.inf should work (though I have not tested it).

requires.0.namespace = org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu

requires.0.name = org.eclipse.ui.ide

requires.0.min = 0

requires.0.max = 0

HTH