From:        Martin Lippert <lippert@xxxxxxx>
To:        P2 developer discussions <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:        08/29/2012 12:09 PM
Subject:        [p2-dev] proxy question
Sent by:        p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hey!

I am trying to use the tycho-eclipserun-plugin at the moment in one of
our builds, which executes the p2 director application. Since the build
is running behind a proxy (just a simple http proxy, no authentication
required), I need to set those proxy settings to let the director find
the given repositories.

Since this is part of our CI builds, I cannot manually configure
preferences or so, I need to execute a command line with parameters.

I tried to just set "-Dhttp.proxyHost" etc. without success

I tried to set
"-Dorg.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.excludeContributors=org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient",
that switches to a JDK Http connection, but still ignores my settings to
-Dhttp.proxyHost" etc.

I always see these messages:
!MESSAGE System property http.proxyHost has been set to proxy.xyz.com by
an external source. This value will be overwritten using the values from
the preferences

(where xyz is my real proxy name)

Are the system properties deleted or overridden with something else, so
that my JDK Http connection is not able to use my settings?

I also tried to set -Dhttpclient.proxy-host=xyz -Dhttpclient.proxy-port=nnn
but that doesn't work either.

I am kind of stuck here and hope very much that you can help me!!!

Thanks a lot!!!
-Martin