[p2-dev] Roaming not really movable 2

Hi guys,

I have a question related to a topic discussed here some time ago  (Jan, 28th, 2010, http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/p2-dev/msg02650.html).
The problem I’m facing is the same - a roaming installation doesn’t work properly when moved.  In my case there’s a profile property org.eclipse.equinox.p2.configurationFolder which is not updated when the installation is moved.
If its value is updated accordingly, everything works fine.

I see there are three components dealing with roaming profiles:
  • DirectorApplication#updateRoamingProperties
  • SimpleProfileRegistry#updateRoamingProfile
  • SurrogateProfileHandler#updateProperties

First two update only org.eclipse.equinox.p2.installFolder and org.eclipse.equinox.p2.cache while surrogateProfileHandler updates org.eclipse.equinox.p2.configurationFolder as well.
So the question – is it expected that configuration location is not updated in the first two cases? If yes, any idea why?

Thank you very much,
Katya

Back to the top