Re: [p2-dev] can platform be updated via p2?

On 10-Nov-2011, at 9:34 PM, John Cortell wrote:
> So, the question is: how do I swap in a newer platform without uninstalling all the upstream pieces that rely on the platform? Is that at all possible? Is there a way to tell p2 "uninstall this piece even though other things depend on it, so that I may install a newer version of it".

Are you still using the director from the command-line to do the installation?  If so, then add an '-uninstallIU'.  Your command line would look like:

C:\eclipse_3.7\eclipsec \
	-application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director \
	-nosplash \
	-consoleLog \
	-profile SDKProfile \
	-uninstallIU "org.eclipse.platform.ide" \
	-installIU "org.eclipse.sdk.ide" \
	-repository file:/f:/temp/testp2/plat361p2 \
	-destination f:\temp\testp2\sdk36\eclipse

Brian.

Back to the top