[p2-dev] Question on -configuration argument for shared install

Hi All,

Today when I start eclipse for example like this in a shared install:

eclipse -configuration /a/b/c

The "c" folder will hold the configuration and the "b" folder will have the p2 folder created.  Is there a way to specify where the p2 folder is created?  The reason I ask is that I did the following:

eclipse -configuration /a/b/c  , then installed plugin A

I then did

eclipse -configuration /a/b/d.  I see that plugin A is not there according to the features tab in installation details of "d", but because both "c" and "d" sharing the "b" p2 directory,  the "installed software" tab thinks that plugin A is installed when it is not.

BR,
Dom

line

DOMENIC ALESSI
Product Manager
  -
PL Engineering Environments

8500 Decarie
H4P 2N2, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Phone +1 514 345 7900 ext:46081
North American Mobile Number:+1-514-237-9974
European Mobile Number:+44 (0) 7595 105 501
ECN: 8104 6081
Fax +1 514 345 6167
domenico.alessi@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.ericsson.com