Re: [p2-dev] 3.8 / Juno wishlist

Hi all,

People from the Linux community have defined a simple text based format called CUDF to describe software dependency problems [1].

We already have the code to read/write that format in the tool p2cudf available in the incubator [2].

Having working with that format for one year and half, I consider it as a very simple and easy way to express test cases, because anybody can make sense of it, without knowledge of p2.

The current code is based on a simplified version of p2 from release 3.5. I do not think it would be that difficult to add support for CUDF input for p2 test cases.

Daniel

[1] http://www.mancoosi.org/cudf/
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/CUDFResolver