Re: [p2-dev] Working with Apache Felix

A couple of years ago we made an effort to get p2 running on both Felix and Knopflerfish. I believe we got pretty far, I think to the point where basic functionality was working on both frameworks. We haven't continued to work on this code as p2 has matured though, due to lack of resources, so it most likely doesn't work right now.

There are a couple of bundles in the CVS repository for the Equinox incubator that you can check out and look at to get you started. Specifically, you should be able to only need to modify the Felix extension for Framework Admin.
repo: dev.eclipse.org
path: /cvsroot/rt
module: org.eclipse.equinox/incubator/p2/bundles/org.eclipse.equinox.frameworkadmin.felix

This is the original bug report that we opened (although it doesn't contain much info for you).
https://bugs.eclipse.org/289136

Hope that's enough to get you started. If you have questions or bugs feel free to use the mailing list or open bug reports against RT/Equinox/p2.

Thanks.

Inactive hide details for Nicholas Ustinov ---06/10/2011 07:53:36 AM---Good day! Does anybody know, is it possible to run P2 prNicholas Ustinov ---06/10/2011 07:53:36 AM---Good day! Does anybody know, is it possible to run P2 provision engine on Apache Felix

Nicholas Ustinov <nustinov@xxxxxxxxx>

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/10/2011 07:53 AM

[p2-dev] Working with Apache Felix

Sent by:

p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Good day!

Does anybody know, is it possible to run P2 provision engine on Apache Felix container?
We should support Equinox and Felix in our custom OSGi application and we need solution for provisioning our application.. P2 seems to be very good for it.

Thank you,
p2-dev mailing list
p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx