Re: [p2-dev] exporting the dependencies of a feature

Le 23/12/2010 16:13, Pascal Rapicault a écrit :

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 3:59 AM, <radu.kopetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to use the Publisher API described here "http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Publisher" to export a feature. Everything works fine: the metadata is correctly created and the binary of the feature is present in the created "features" folder. The only problem is that the plugins contained in the feature are not published. Do I need to set a flag somewhere in order to export everything contained in the feature (included plugins, features, etc) ?

    Just to be clear, the publisher is the mechanism that generates p2 metadata once everything has been build. If you use PDE Build or Tycho this metadata is being generated for you.
    Now if you have a binary copy of the feature and the plugins without metadata, then the publisher is the mechanism to use. But be sure to have your features and plugins in the following structure
    xyz/
      features/
         abc.jar
      plugins
         cde.jar

Yes, I now understand that the Publisher only generates the metadata. What confused me is that it is also "publishing" the binary for the feature.

Thanks !
Radu

Thanks in advance for your help !

Regards,