Re: [p2-dev] application integrity when provisioning stops

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 8:01 AM, <radu.kopetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I plan to use P2 to provision an application, and I was wondering what happens if some error occurs while downloading the artifacts. For instance, let's say I have a feature A that contains two plugins pl1 and pl2. Feature A and plugin pl2 are downloaded OK, and the repository becomes unavailable during the download of plugin pl2.

What is the state of the application and it's profile ? I am using the P2 API, therefore UpdateOperation instances. Are they transaction-based, and a rollback is automatically performed in case of failure ?
       The installation is interrupted, it is rolled back. The profile is not modified. The application is not modified. pl2 will stay on disk but it will not be used because the osgi configuration files will not have been updated. If the installation is restarted pl2 will be used, if not it will eventually be GC'ed.

Thanks in advance,
Radu Kopetz