[p2-dev] Fwd: [MISC] MISC-Live solver competition, #3

Daniel has prepared our contribution toward the competition. It is available at http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/CUDFResolver

Begin forwarded message:

From: Ralf Treinen <Ralf.Treinen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: October 29, 2010 4:33:11 PM EDT
Subject: [MISC] MISC-Live solver competition, #3

Dear all,

we are calling for a new run of MISC-live, the trial run of the
MISC solver competition. All the details can be found on the web
page of MISC-Live #3:

http://www.mancoosi.org/misc-live/20101126/

The deadline for submission of solvers is November, 26. There are three
major changes with respect to MISC-2010, and these changes are likely
to be implemented for the official MISC-2011 competition:

1) We have a new third track where the optimization criterion to be
  used is part of the problem specification. The criterion is
  always a lexicographic combination of functions taken from a
  fixed set.

2) As a consequence of the experiences with MISC 2010 we decided to
  simplify the ranking algorithm. On a given problem instance, the
  outcome of a solver will now fall into one of only three categories:
  good solution, no solution, or wrong solution.

3) We insist on both a one-line short description of the solver, and the
  URL of an existing web page describing the solver. Participants not
  providing either of these will not be included in the MISC-live run.

There is no dedicated deadline for declaring your intention to
participate. However, we encourage you to send in early test
versions of your solver so that we can smooth out possible
problems with the setup.

Good luck -Ralf, for the MISC-live team.
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Preuves, Programmes et Systèmes

Back to the top