Re: [p2-dev] Publisher question, feature requirements

On 04/14/2010 05:31 PM, Jeff McAffer wrote:
IMHO we should be reworking features to be more in line with the usecases and the way things work now.

Yep.

However, we have to keep in mind that features are used in a number of different places and, as Pascal points out, have more subtle semantics and purposes.  For example, in PDE build the difference between include and require drives PDE to only build things that are included as it is assumed that someone else will deal with the requires. This is a friend of Pascal's point about externally visible requirements and internal implementation detail includes.

It's also a friend of my point about how hard it is for a newcomer to try and understand all this. IMO, the whole story around p2 publishing is starting to be really uncomfortable and we should do something to improve this very soon.

- thomas

Back to the top