[p2-dev] Error running Category publisher

We have been trying to create a single category to unify the content of our composite repository. We have found some guidance at: http://relengofthenerds.blogspot.com/2009/05/categories-with-composite-repos.html

But we are getting the following error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.app 4 0 2009-07-24 17:12:47.905

!MESSAGE Cannot add IUs to a composite repository

!STACK 0

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Cannot add IUs to a composite repository

at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.metadata.repository.CompositeMetadataRepository.addInstallableUnits(CompositeMetadataRepository.java:197)

      at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.Publisher.publish(Publisher.java:187)

      at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.AbstractPublisherApplication.run(AbstractPublisherApplication.java:291)

      at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.AbstractPublisherApplication.run(AbstractPublisherApplication.java:261)

      at org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.AbstractPublisherApplication.start(AbstractPublisherApplication.java:322)

      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)

      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.AnyThreadAppLauncher.run(AnyThreadAppLauncher.java:26)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I’m not fully sure that we are using the publisher correctly, but can anyone see what we would be doing wrong or how to do it correctly?

TIA

Alain

Back to the top