[p2-dev] Standalone p2 usage (outside eclipse)

Hi guys,

I'm trying to use p2 as a provisioning system outside eclipse.
I thought is that it would be sufficient to take all the p2 bundles, install them in OSGi framework (started as java -jar <equinox.jar>) and everything would be just fine.  But what I faced is that p2 bundles require bundles that are part from eclipse (considring bundle name, i.e org.eclipse.core.runtime.jar).
So I'm wondering if p2 is designed only for eclipse internal usage? And if not are there any requirements what exactly you need to have on your system in order to get p2 running? Are there any known limitations with regards to such usage?

Thanks in advance,
Katya

Back to the top