Re: [p2-dev] External upgrades

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:07:43AM -0700, Ian Bull wrote:
> For upgrading eclipse using p2, have you tried the director application?
> You can use a repository, point to an Eclipse install, and upgrade the
> install.

Yes, I'm familiar with the director.  Can it actually be used for
platform upgrades, e.g. 3.4 to 3.5?

If so, I've got an upgrade strategy - it introduces a lot of potential
errors that we didn't have with EUM, but it'll work.  Our installer
will have to install an upgrade site and run the director, instead of
replacing any files in the Eclipse installation.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

Back to the top