Re: [p2-dev] Publisher vs. generator/director

On Tue, 2009-03-31 at 11:30 -0700, Ian Bull wrote:
> Docs are now on my todo list. :)

Cool :)

> When you use the director to install you use -installIU (not -root).

Sorry, I am using -installIU.

> I don't think we create a single IU that holds all the IUs.

Hmm.  So, for the Eclipse SDK, what should I use as installIU?

org.eclipse.sdk ?
org.eclipse.sdk.feature.group ?

In general, should it just be the IU corresponding to the top-level
feature name?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm investigating whether or not we
should move away from using dropins for our RPMs.  What we've been doing
so far is using the director to install the Eclipse platform and putting
everything else -- JDT, PDE, CDT, Mylyn, etc., etc. -- in dropins.  I
want to see if we can run some sort of director operation to provision
those after they're installed.

Thanks,

Andrew

Back to the top