Re: [p2-dev] Problem with p2 repo in dropins

Still worthwhile to open a bug to at least discuss if we want to do something for backwards compatability here.

Inactive hide details for Simon Kaegi---03/20/2009 11:33:34 AM---I noticed that your zip contains a p2 metadata repo but not anSimon Kaegi---03/20/2009 11:33:34 AM---I noticed that your zip contains a p2 metadata repo but not an artifact repo (e.g. content.xml but not an artifacts.xml). That'

Simon Kaegi/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA

03/20/2009 11:33 AM

Re: [p2-dev] Problem with p2 repo in dropins

I noticed that your zip contains a p2 metadata repo but not an artifact repo (e.g. content.xml but not an artifacts.xml). That's likely the problem and the right way to fix the problem is to also generate the artifact repo and have that in your repo.
As to why it worked in 3.4, there was a bug where we detected the wrong kind of repo and totally ignored the content.xml and loaded the repo as an eclipse extension instead.

-Simon

Inactive hide details for Alexander Kurtakov ---03/20/2009 11:14:28 AM---Hi everyone,Alexander Kurtakov ---03/20/2009 11:14:28 AM---Hi everyone,

Alexander Kurtakov <akurtako@xxxxxxxxxx>

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/20/2009 11:14 AM

[p2-dev] Problem with p2 repo in dropins

Hi everyone,
I've got a problem with recognizing p2 repos in dropins folder.
You can easyily reproduce it by just extracting

http://akurtakov.fedorapeople.org/moreunit.tar.bz2 in the dropins folder of
3.5 M6 and see that it won't be recongnised as a repository :
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.core.ProvisionException: No
repository found at
file:..../dropins/moreunit/.
Does it mean that p2 repos in dropins are not supported anymore? Or I should
file a bug about it?
This worked fine in Eclipse 3.4.

Thanks for any help,
Alexander Kurtakov