Re: [p2-dev] Documentation and P2 in another OSGi framework implementation

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 6:36 PM, Pascal Rapicault
<Pascal_Rapicault@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. I'll be working on some of this doc as part of the tutorial that I'll be
> giving at eclipse con. The slides will be made available. If in the meantime
> if you have specific question please ask here.

Thanx. Looking forward to that. Till then I will take a deeper look at
the items available in equinox wiki and use this mailing list.

> 2. p2 should be able to run on other frameworks, however I think we have a
> few ties with equinox in a few places of our code.

There are. The first I encounter, which is a show stopper for now, is
that p2 core requires bundle org.eclipse.equinox.common (requires
bundle really needed?) that imports packages exported by
org.eclipse.osgi. As this is main equinox bundle it will also export
the osgi packages and the problems starts :). But this was just a
first,short attempt to run it in felix/kf.