Re: [p2-dev] Categories

Hi Susan,

Susan Franklin McCourt wrote:

I responded to the general questions in a previous response.
It is *not* the intention that an uncategorized feature is not seen when not grouping my category. However, in the SDK the feature must be marked with the "group" property to be visible.
Please open a bug if you have a case where this is not so.

My case here is that the top level IU in the repository is a feature. I think I found the reason why it's not showing up. A feature generated using 3.4.x contains this:

<provided namespace="org.eclipse.equinox.p2.eclipse.type" name="feature" version="1.0.0"/>

whereas a feature generated with 3.5 instead has this:

 <property name='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.type.group' value='true'/>

Apparently the 3.5 only reacts to the latter only. The 3.4.x doesn't seem to react to any of them though. Not unless there is a category above. Do you still want that as a bug?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top