Re: [ospo.zone] Minimal Viable OSPO

It would indeed be sad if you stopped with OpenChain 2.1, but today it probably gives you a minimum viable OSPO. The spec will keep evolving and probably build out the contribution part and add a strategy and leadership part. That's in line with how most companies / OSPOs follow the basic maturity path of use, contribute, lead. Cheers, --Dirk

On 22.09.21 17:30, Mike Milinkovich wrote:
On 2021-09-22 11:27 a.m., Dirk Riehle wrote:
Fulfill the OpenChain spec?

Perhaps a good start, but (personal opinion only) I have always felt that focusing OSPOs purely on compliance is a fundamental error.

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021, 17:20 Boris Baldassari <boris.baldassari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:boris.baldassari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hiho good people,

    There has been a question frequently coming up in discussions on OSPO
    Zone and in the Good Governance Initiative, and I would like to ask for
    the audience's wisdom on this:

    What would a Minimal Viable OSPO look like?

    I.e. is there a set of basic activities, or duties, that would be enough
    to start an OSPO, and if so, what would they be?

    An elaborate answer would probably depend on the domain and context of
    the organization, but maybe we can find a minimal working set to, say,
    bootstrap the process.

    Any ideas, inputs, or experience on this topic?

    Thank you, have a wonderful day!

--

*Mike Milinkovich*

*Executive Director | **Eclipse Foundation AISBL*

mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@mmilinkov

+1.613.220.3223 (m)