Re: [osgi-wg] [osgi-users] OSGi Specification Committee - Nomination (Participant)

Hello David,

Thank you for your self-nomination.

Best Regards,

Zahra

On 2022-06-13 10:27 a.m., David Bosschaert wrote:
I would like to self-nominate for the OSGi Specification Committee, as a Participant Member.

Kind regards,

David

On Mon, 13 Jun 2022 at 14:58, Zahra Fazli <zahra.fazli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The OSGi Working Group Charter identifies the various committees that drive the facets of the working group for which there are elected positions to be filled.

In the case of OSGi, the elected positions are for the Participant and Committer Members for which there are two seats for Participant Members and one seat for Committer Members to be elected for the Steering Committee and Specification Committee. Note that Strategic Members each have a representative appointed to these committees.

Through this email, we are happy to announce the Eclipse Foundation will hold an election on behalf of the working group using the proposed timetable listed below. This mimics the process used by other working groups as well as the Eclipse Foundation itself for filling elected positions on our Board.

All members are encouraged to consider nominating someone from a Participant Member (Adobe, Liferay, Inc., and Software AG) and from the Committer Members of the OSGi Specification project.  Self-nominations are also more than welcome.

The nomination period is now open and runs until June 17, 2022. Below is the complete election schedule:

Election Schedule:

June 13-17: Call for Nominations

June 21 : Announce Candidates Standing

June 22-27:  Ballots Created/Sent (Voting Period)

June 28  Announce Elected Candidates

Nominations must be sent to this mailing list using the appropriate subject lines below:

OSGi Steering Committee - Nomination (Indicate Participant or Committer)

OSGi Specification Committee - Nomination (Indicate Participant or Committer)

Once nominations are closed, we will inform the working group of the confirmed candidates standing.  Typically, we encourage all candidates to provide a short bio including their position statement.  At that point, we will distribute ballots via email to those eligible to vote.  The election process will follow the Eclipse “Single Transferable Vote” method, as defined in the Eclipse Bylaws.

The winning candidates will be announced on this mailing list shortly after the close of the election.

Best Regards, Zahra

--

Zahra Fazli

Membership Process Lead | Eclipse Foundation