[osgi-users] Jakarta Mail and OSGi

Hi,

trying to use the latest Jakarta mail in an OSGi environment (Felix, but doesn't matter), I found that the maintainers have taken a "non-standard" approach to making service loading work with OSGi.

In my opinion, it is important to keep such "central" libraries working with OSGi in the best way possible. Not only does it make using these libraries easier, but some people might also be looking at such implementations when seeking a solution for their own project and it would be nice to lead them to the best solution.

I'd therefore like to ask everybody who agrees to "+1" the issues https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jaf/issues/93 and https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/mail/issues/630.

- Michael

Back to the top