[osgi-dev] Minutes of OSGi Spec call Jan 17

Hi all,

Please find the minutes of yesterday's OSGi spec call at https://github.com/osgi/osgi/wiki/Minutes-for-OSGi-Specification-Project-calls#2024-01-18---1600-utc

I missed the last 10 minutes so if there are any omissions let me know and I'd be happy to add them.

Kind regards,

David

# 2024-01-18 - 1600 UTC

## Participants

* Stefan Bischof
* Tim Ward
* David Bosschaert
* Amit Kumar Mondal
* Jürgen Albert
* Tom Watson
* Thomas Calmant
* James Hunt

Christophe has made an update to the upcoming Whiteboard Specification for Jakarta™ XML Web Services spec for everyone to review. We need to get a built pdf of the chapter for review. Tim/Stefan/Christophe will produce and attach to the wiki.

Update of servlet whiteboard spec, PR https://github.com/osgi/osgi/pull/611 - David suggests to avoid increasing the major version of the spec and do a minor update if possible.
After some discussion consensus is that a minor update should work, bringing this spec to version 2.1

Typed Event Spec 1.1
James says that he finds the definition of history control too loose.
Tim asks James for a proposal.
Long discussion about implementation details / how to achieve this.

Discussion about support for Java Records in Type Safe Events.
Records were introduced in Java 16 so have been in 2 LTS releases. OTOH an implementation of the Type Safe Events spec should not be required to support records when running on an older Java implementation.

Back to the top