Re: [openpass-wg] Clarification regarding Effort

Title: Default Disclaimer Daimler AG

Dear Mr. Chikkaiah,

Thank you for your interest in openPASS. One manpower unit equals one man day of code development.

In order to participate in the openPASS WG, an entity must be at least a Solution Member of the Eclipse Foundation https://www.eclipse.org/membership/ . The membership fees of e. g. 20k $ are payable to the Eclipse Management Office. The entity can then sign the participation agreement to the Working Group and decide on the member class, basically between Driver member, Service Provider member and User member.

The working group committees define required result packages and agree on their value in terms of manpower units – for  both current and potentially new members. So small packages (10 days) can be carried out by User or Service provider members, while Driver member provide larger commitments. Of course, a new member may offer further components or raise new ideas, but since we do not yet have software online and open source available, that seems a bit unlikely at this point in time.

Accountable results, i.e. effort measure, are accomplished commits to the Eclipse repositories that happen in Eclipse projects, but could services like tests, requirements management or quality reports. The WG committees track on a regular basis if the contents are delivered as proposed/promised.

I hope that gives you a first impression how this works! Please feel free to contact me, so we can talk about the role of ZF TRW in this group and about some other links important to this initiative (GIDAS, PEARS, PEGASUS).

Kind regards,

Jan Dobberstein (speaker of the openPASS WG)

Daimler AG
Accident Research, Risk Assessment
RD/KSF (HPC X272)

71059 Sindelfingen

Tel.:     (+49)-176-30931789
Fax:     (+49)-711-3052131703
Mail: jan.dobberstein@xxxxxxxxxxx

Wenn diese Email nicht für Sie bestimmt ist, bitten wir Sie, uns umgehend über den irrtümlichen Empfang zu informieren und diese Email zu löschen. Wir danken Ihnen für Ihre Unterstützung.

Daimler AG
Sitz und Registergericht/Domicile and Court of Registry: Stuttgart
HRB-Nr./Commercial Register No. 19360
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Manfred Bischoff
Vorstand/Board of Management: Dieter Zetsche (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Wolfgang Bernhard, Renata Jungo Brüngger, Ola Källenius, Wilfried Porth, Hubertus Troska, Bodo Uebber, Thomas Weber