Re: [openmq-dev] Travis vs. Jenkins

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 at 22:25, Ed Bratt <ed.bratt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just curious -- do we have any guidelines about when to use the
> Jenkins/OpenShift CI system vs. when to use other tools like Travis?

Hello Ed, Team

It probably does not answer your questions fully.

1. https://wiki.eclipse.org/CBI/FAQ#Will_my_project_be_forced_to_move_to_CBI.3F
  "Answer: No, there are no plans for forcing projects to use CBI."

2. https://wiki.eclipse.org/CBI#CI_Environment_.28Third-party.29
  TravisCI is CBI-supported service.

  Users are reminded in that section about 5 executors limit per organization.

  OpenMQ is already a dedicated organization (ee4j).

  (Note: as of today there are two travis services:
    travis-ci.com
    travis-ci.org.
   OpenMQ uses .com now.)

  So if for
    https://travis-ci.com/github/eclipse?tab=insights
  average queue time is 2.5+ min, for
    https://travis-ci.com/github/eclipse-ee4j?tab=insights
  it is below minute.

  However it might change, as for
    https://travis-ci.org/github/eclipse-ee4j?tab=insights
    https://travis-ci.org/github/eclipse?tab=insights
  it's hours. And if I remember correctly all travis-org repositories
  will be forcibly migrated to travis-com by the end of the year or so.

Perhaps PR validation could benefit from migration to CBI indeed.

I raised 568364. Should PR validation work @CBI/EF - I'll be the first
to disable travis. ;)

Regards,

Piotrek