Re: [openmq-dev] Need a new lead for Open MQ

I will discuss with the Payara team internally.

From: openmq-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <openmq-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Ed Bratt
Sent: 15 May 2019 20:21
To: openmq-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [openmq-dev] Need a new lead for Open MQ

Hi there,

I have checked in with Nigel about his Lead role in Open MQ. I am sorry, though not surprised, that we both concluded that we need to find a new Lead for the Eclipse Open MQ project. I'm inquiring first on the OpenMQ Dev mailing list to see if anyone here has an interest in becoming the Lead.

Lead responsibilities are not much greater than that any other committer, however the PMC may send requests specifically to the lead from time to time. Otherwise, the lead has few extra responsibilities and little additional control that any other committer has. Anyone curious about a Lead role can review the Eclipse Development Process, section 4.6.2 Project Lead(s). Co leads are allowed too so if more than one person is interested, or if there is interest in sharing the role, that would work out too.

If anyone has an interest in stepping into this role, please reply back to the list. If the candidate is already a committer, we can initiate a Lead election quickly. If someone has interest, but is not yet a committer, they will need to be elected to a committer role first, then to the lead role. That isn't a big deal, but it would require two elections (I don't know if they can run concurrently, or not, but I don't think we are in an all fired hurry).

If no one here is interested, we'll probably go to the PMC to see if we can find a candidate from the larger community.

Cheers,

-- Ed

Back to the top