[openMobility] how kuksa can be leveraged in other eclipse automotive projects?

Dear all,

I am trying to discover some connections between eclipse kuksa and other eclipse automotive working groups.
So far, I came across the following link:
https://www.eclipse.org/kuksa/blog/2019/05/28/2019-05-28-when-kuksa-meets-sumo/
The video shows a sumo simulation that subscribes to a topic and send data to that topic which then get stored in influxdb to be visualized with another spring boot application. which leverages hono from kuksa cloud.

However, I have not find a connection that actually leverages kuksa in-vehicle platform. My understanding is that kuksa can be a hardware in the loop component for sumo and other working groups.

Are there activities in this direction?
I appreciate any pointer or opinion.

Best regards
Soheila