[openj9-dev] OpenJ9 question

Hello everyone! (if somebody is here)

I have several questions related to OpenJ9, but apart from Github issues and this mailing list I wasn't able to find another place to ask.

1) does OpenJ9 support JMX for monitoring purposes? I've tried to enable them the same way as Oracle's one, but it doesn't listen on a port.
2) with -Xgcpolicy:metronome and heap >25Gb I get this message:
Selected VM [default] does not exist.
Is it expected behavior? Metronome GC doesn't support heaps larger than 25Gb?
3) what's the best GC option for low latency apps? Does do not say this directly, but is it Metronome? Are there any flags than can further reduce GC pauses? -Xrealtime doesn't work, is it unavailable completely or it's a part of some subscription?
4) is it possible to list the available flags? Documentation is quite limited, I wasn't able to find out a comprehensive list with descriptions.
5) how to rotate GC logs? are the flags -XX:+UseGCLogFileRotation -XX:NumberOfGCLogFiles=100 -XX:GCLogFileSize=100M supported? Does OpenJ9 accept a signal to flush the logs?

Thanks in advance.

Btw, is there any IRC chat or something similar available for general questions?

Regards,
akrus.

Back to the top