[openadx] Why did Red Hat choose to participate in OpenADx?

Red Hat is a comparably new player in the automotive electrical/electronic engineering domain. Our roots are in the datacenter, where we have supported enterprise customers consume open source technologies for the last 25 years. Starting with Linux, the last decade saw the rise of big data and cloud computing, and with it a very strong focus on scale, automation, efficiency, design patterns, virtualization, etc. - all enabled through open technologies.

Autonomous driving R&D poses many technical challenges - most of which align with the topics we are currently solving or have already been solved in the traditional IT. We find ourselves having similar discussions with many industry players. Surprisingly, this is not a situation we want to be in - our mission is “To be the catalyst in communities of customers, contributors, and partners creating better technology the open source way.” We don’t want to talk to our customers and partners individually, but bring them together. Our experience is that once organisations collaborate, truly great things will happen - Linux, Kubernetes and OpenStack are recent examples.

What will Red Hat offer to OpenADx? Our expertise is in the infrastructure and application development domain. We bring know how on how to design, build, manage and run containerized workloads, build and consume cloud infrastructures, utilize GPUs and other accelerators, architect data-intensive applications, scale-out storage, security and other topics using open source technologies. We are also contributing to other, related open source projects in Eclipse (such as Eclipse Che) and in other ecosystems. We also offer experience commercializing open source and are happy to share it.

We truly believe that open unlocks the worlds potential.

We’re looking forward to working with you and are eager to learn what you want to get out of the collaboration :-) .

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Wolfram Richter

Associate Manager
Chief Architect Manufacturing Germany

Mobile: +49 170 3057172
Phone: +49 711 96437168
Red Hat GmbH, http://www.de.redhat.com/, Sitz: Grasbrunn,
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 153243,
Geschäftsführer: Charles Cachera, Michael O'Neill, Tom Savage, Eric Shander

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Wolfram Richter

Associate Manager
Chief Architect Manufacturing Germany

Mobile: +49 170 3057172
Phone: +49 711 96437168
Red Hat GmbH, http://www.de.redhat.com/, Sitz: Grasbrunn,
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 153243,
Geschäftsführer: Charles Cachera, Michael O'Neill, Tom Savage, Eric Shander

Back to the top