[oniro-wg] MoM - Oniro WG Steering Committee 2022wk25

Dear Oniro ecosystem members,

## MoM Oniro Steering Committee 2022wk25

please find the Minutes of Meeting (MoM), approved on 2022-07-07.

Link: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/oniro-wg-committees/sc-wg-oniro/meetings-steering-commitee-oniro-wg/-/blob/main/2022-mom-oniro-wg-sc/
eclipse-oniro-wg-steering-committee-agenda-mom-2022wk25.md

Please find on gitlab the approved minutes from previous meetings.

Link: https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/oniro-wg-committees/sc-wg-oniro/meetings-steering-commitee-oniro-wg/-/tree/main/2022-mom-oniro-wg-sc

### MoM key points

"### Goofy roadmap rescoping for beta based on expected team capacity

Amit presents a proposal for dropping features and rescoping the release due
to lack of capacity, for OS, reference hardware, testing and infrastructure,
reference blueprints.

Q are we dropping FreeRTOS altogether (Alberto)
A Yes, we don't have "customers" asking for it.

#### Updates from Eclipse on the IP review for Oniro for December release

Agustin: reports there is not much for the Alpha, since there is no
distribution of binary.

For the final release, we don't have the first output for the licenses review.
We need to wait for it, it's undergoing.

Agustin is opening a ticket with EMO and with further information we'll
shortly know when we need to freeze the code.

Carlo reports Array has met with Orcro explaining what is not already
transparent from the documentation, showing some of the tools and explaining
some of the decisions taken and assumptions made, with good feedback from
Orcro.

Amit hoped that the IP review was done already for alpha so that we can
concentrate on the final release with the IP already in good order as much as
possible. Suggests that we "freeze" (create a minor milestone) the code and
perform the further analysis only on the incremental delta. Hoping that EF
completes the review within September, for the final feature freeze.

Agustin thinks that since the process is already going on, creating an interim
milestone would not be a big issue.

Davide suggests to table the topic for the next SC meeting. Agustin will talk
to the IP

#### Resolutions

- To approve the minutes for Week 21

#### AoB  (Open Floor)

None tabled

### Oniro WG SC All Members Meeting minutes

- Luca Favaretto (Kalpa)
- Luca Tavanti (Cubit)

Joined and are welcomed.

#### Introduction of Cubit Innovation Labs

Cubit Innovation labs' Luca Tavanti, Research and Innovation Projects,
introduces the company.

#### AoB  (Open Floor)

Luca Favaretto shortly introduce the Test plan, plus questions on completeness
and scope. "

Link to test plan #link <https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipse-wg/oniro-wg/oniro-wg-committees/sc-wg-oniro/meetings-steering-commitee-oniro-wg/-/blob/main/
kalpa-report-Software-Test-Plan_v.2.1.pdf>

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Oniro Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation