[oniro-wg-specification] Possible item for Oniro Compatibility spec: user names and IDs

Hello,
Following a yesterday discussion with Amit, Esben, Zyga, Stefan, there is a possible item to include in the Oniro Compatibility spec. I'm posting it here before we have a place to put it in the spec repo.

Subject: defining the minimum set of users and user-IDs

Discussion: There is currently no way in Linux to define a list of required/used users and user IDs in a portable way. On the other hand, some services depend on users created by other services. The default Oniro user is an example here. Device vendors might want to add additional user (multiple users for the same device, for example) and a standardized list of users/IDs would make management and interworking of services way easier.

This requirements will apply to operating systems allowing multiple users (eg. Linux).

Kind regards,
Marta

Back to the top