# Marketing meetings

* Date: 2022-11-16
* 15:00 to 16:00 hours CET
* Participants: Steeve (IoTeX), Chiara, Aurore and Dony (Huawei), Carlo
(Array), Agustin and Clark (EF), Luca T. (Cubit)

Instead of having an Oniro WG Marketing Committee we held an informal meeting.

## Agenda

- 2023 marketing plan
- keywords sub committee
- IoTeX
- Events
   - FOSDEM
   - OSXP
   - SFSCon

### 2023 marketing plan

* Oniro WG SC has approved the Program Plan. This is an effort to provide as
much clarity as possible.
* There will be no marketing budget so we will focus on alignment.
* We will start from the 2022 Marketing Plan
* Collect from Members the main initiatives they will do or participate
related with Oniro or potentially related.
* We can start from the work done at events.
* We can use the oniro-wg-marketing ml for the call for participation.

### keywords sub committee

* one marketing rep. from each member
* davide can be the technical person there
* the output should come to the marketing committee
* Any other week alternate with the marketing committee.
   * We send the notes from those meetings to the marketing mailing list.
   * The output feeds the marketing plan and also the value prop.
   * Chiara and agustin will talk to members to bring people to this
subcommittee about messaging
* Announce the subcommittee through the oniro-wg mailing list.

### IoTeX

* Summary of the conversations between Steeve from IoTeX and Chiara about the
storytelling that can be leveraged next year based on the profile/
contributions/expertise that IoTeX brings to Oniro.
* No time for the formal presentation. Next time.

### Events

#### FOSDEM

no time to go over this topic

#### OSXP

* Not an international event but a local (french) one.
* EF have a booth and will most likely come back next year so we can build
synergies in this event to use the booth to promote Oniro.
* Huawei made a big effort with a big booth having Oniro presence.
   * A good demo is essential.
   * General agreement that going next year through EF might be the best
option, given the strong presence that EF has there.
* Talks about Oniro should be in French. People at the booth should speak
French.

#### SFSCon

* open source conference. Focused on interaction. Good speakers lineup and
content. This is an event where the goal is influence, not impact.
* Great team effort. Different companies coming together at the Oniro booth.
   * Thank you all
   * Thanks to Chiara and Dony for the coordination effort.
* Good impact at the booth. Lots of question.
   * We should go back to the dev day like we did last year (not this one).
* EF values as very positive the sponsorship, supported by Huawei.
   * The proposal Agustin is translating to EF is to increase its presence
next year.
   * Well received by SFSCon stakeholders having Oniro backed up by different
companies with a presence at the event under EF.
   * This is the expected set up in an open source conference. Good feedback
in this front by many parties there to Agustin
* General positive outcome from the event. Worth actively participating again.

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Oniro Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation